Cennox wants all employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Therefore, everyone is encouraged to apply for employment with Cennox.
Cennox is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist in New Albany, IN to be responsible for managing a portfolio of large balance strategic accounts by partnering with Operations, Sales and Customer Service. Ensure that credit and collection policies and practices are effectively enforced. Review work orders for service for existing accounts who are past due. Communicate with sales, operations, and customer service on the status of assigned accounts. Coordinate the investigation of UADs, pricing issues, debit and credit memos and other actions as required. Work with third party vendor in the collection of accounts and portal billing issues. This full-time position offers vacation, insurance and 401k benefits, and the chance to become part of a rapidly growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requests for increased limits on existing accounts.
- Effectively communicate delinquent balances with internal and external customers.
- Resolve customer disputes concerning billing and order entry errors.
- Research accounts prepare documentation to support account adjustments to correct billing errors.
- Contact customers for payment of past due amounts.
- Monitor accounts daily - place accounts on hold, release orders, review collection notes, and aged balances.
- Process payments via third party portal
- Work with cash applier to ensure the accurate and timely posting of payments.
- Submit credit and rebills as needed.
- Complete month end reserve review process and submit as needed.
- Identify uncollectible accounts for write off and submit to manager for approval
- Document communication with customers in ERP notes
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to learn specialized software programs and navigate company databases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel}
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and interface well with field personnel, managers, and customers.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage timelines and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting experience a plus
- Experience working in a share services environment with remote third-party Service Providers, preferred
- Experience with Retail Industry preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Finger dexterity for keyboarding and computer usage
- Ability to sit and stay focused for long periods of time