Director of Project Management
The Director of Project Management is responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of the Project Management division of Cennox. Working closely with the Project Management team, the Director will designate Project Managers and direct activities to meet our client’s specifications and ensure quality deliverables on time and within budget. This position will require working directly with clients and may also involve managing and/or delegating responsibility for day-to-day oversight of key clients and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for financial performance of division, projects and client programs including budgeting, actual results, forecasting and reporting.
- Interacting regularly with clients to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved.
- Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipating and responding to the client's needs and concerns.
- Management and leading of project management staff ensuring thorough understanding and implementation of operations, policies and procedures.
- Formally supervise individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Responsible for identifying and tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation for direct reports and work group.
- Directing all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project. Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
- Development of new business growth and maintaining existing business relationships. Responsible for business pursuits, integration with other Cennox business lines, and cross-selling our Cennox business in the assigned market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
- Exhibiting a complete understanding of company's corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within the work group.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts included company's agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company. Including accurate record keeping of all project cost increases with emphasis on reactive and proactive change order notification and documentation to client and internal finance department.
- Management of the planning, organization, and controls for the project management division.
- Approving subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Effectively recommending same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Responsible for cultivating and driving a culture of project budget accountability from RFP response through closing deliverables and invoicing. Leading the project management team and ensuring managers understand and execute required processes for cost overruns and ensure these are accounted for and charged appropriately with strong focus on record keeping and accountability.
- Monitor and enforce existing project operational and budgetary protocol as well as contribute to the development of improved processes; documentation, accountability controls, project manager review, margin improvement initiatives, etc.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of related progressive project management experience and/or training.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) preferred if specific duties include direct report responsibilities.
- Minimum two years employed with large General Contractor in commercial construction industry.
- Prior extensive experience compiling and planning construction project budgets, job costing and project estimates required.
- Relevant knowledge of the current construction industry including current market costs and trends, i.e. labor force and costs, material, equipment, sub-contractor trade costs, technology advancements and integration, etc.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- PMP preferred (US and/or Canada)
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret the complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive issues.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, senior management and client groups to take desired action. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Microsoft Office Suite Certifications with emphasis on Excel is highly preferred.
To apply, visit https://cennox.applytojob.com/apply/ and complete the application.
*Note: You are not required to select either of the "apply with" job platforms at the top of the application, and you may still complete the application without choosing to apply through a job platform. A resume file must be attached and all required fields must be completed before that application can be submitted.