Cennox is seeking an Electrical Apprentice Technician based in the Riverside, CA area. This is a full-time position.
The Electrical Apprentice Technician will be responsible for supporting the Electrician in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems. The ideal Electrical Apprentice Technician will have some electrical service work experience and demonstrate a basic understanding of electronics, wiring, and electrical codes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
- Cut metal components for installation
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools
- Drill holes in construction materials.
- Thread wire or cable through ducts or conduits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Smart-phone familiarity and technologically savvy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with mapping and routing apps such as MapPoint or Google Maps
- Have mechanical/technological/electrical aptitude
- Ability to interpret written instructions and documents
- Ability to learn through telephone training
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service
- Valid driver's license and driving record in good standing
- Ability to maintain a reliable vehicle and appropriate liability vehicle insurance to perform work in the area, as deemed appropriate by Cennox liability insurance policy, currently in place and as amended in the future.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current licensing, as required by state
- Some technical training desired
- Ability to lift and move 50 or more pounds
- Ability to work indoors and outside (including during inclement weather)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit and drive a vehicle with extensive travel
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, and reach freely
- Must have good hand/eye coordination
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20
- Company provides all necessary tools, uniforms, and Android smartphone
- Eligible for 401K after one year of employment
- Eligible to enroll in health, vision, dental, and life insurance after initial, 90-days of employment
Cennox is a global company that provides comprehensive, centrally managed field services for our clients across a range of industries. Visit us at www.cennox.com to learn more!
To apply, please visit https://cennox.applytojob.com/apply/n2te6IoVcs/Electrical-Apprentice-Technician