Cennox is currently seeking an Electrical Superintendent based in Houston, Texas to provide direct field oversight of all electrical activities. The ideal candidate leads proactively, has a strong understanding of all required planning, materials, and adheres to all NEC, state, and local codes. This full-time position offers a highly competitive salary, travel opportunities, and the chance to become part Apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and define scope of work from job walks
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, creates and maintains electrical project schedule; plans, monitors, and reviews critical path dates and milestone schedules
- Oversee all field electrical activities to ensure that the assigned project meets budget, schedule, and safety objectives.
- Predict resources needed to complete project
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites
- Communicates site problems, conflicts, schedule, and quality issues effectively to the Project Manager and team.
- Able to forecast labor usage on Request for Proposals
- Manage onsite electrical schedule and activities
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Ensure on-site work is done in compliance with all relevant electrical building and safety codes
- Oversee and supervise electrical project progress onsite and provide reports on timeline, progress, and adjustments
- Maintains open communication between all subcontractors to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. support project activities and project schedule
- Daily reports and pictures
- Customer communications
- Consistently works to reduce electrical labor cost through team development
- Understands all labels, job site maps/directions, instruction manuals, and written instructions
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Negotiates with customers for change orders and analyzes cost-benefit of project profitability
- Resolves field electrical problems
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Electrical License preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Able to read drawings, blueprints, electrical symbology, and be able to think on their feet.
- Individuals must possess all basic hand tools.
- Knowledge of low voltage network design
- Able to keep an open channel of communications between GC and PM
- Valid driver's license and driving record in good standing
- Ability to maintain a reliable vehicle and appropriate liability vehicle insurance to perform work in the area, as deemed appropriate by Cennox liability insurance policy, currently in place and as amended in the future.
- Ability to travel extensively as needed
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in the low voltage/electrical trade preferred
- 1-5+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working with federal/governmental or financial institutions is a plus
- Ability to lift and move 50 or more pounds
- Ability to work indoors and outside (including during inclement weather)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit and drive a vehicle with extensive travel
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, and reach freely
- Must have good hand/eye coordination
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20
Cennox is a global company that provides comprehensive, centrally managed field services for our clients across a range of industries.
Cennox wants all employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Therefore, everyone is encouraged to apply for employment with Cennox.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Cennox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.